Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Deja Vu all over again

I remember feeling like this in 2000. The tension and stress of the whole horrible experience when Bush's brother was stopping the vote counts in Florida. It seemed to last for ever. When President Bush was placed in office by the Supreme Court, I was devastated but believed in my naive way that somehow everything would turn out OK anyway. I actually believed that Dick Cheney would act to guide and moderate George's natural stupidity and bluster. Boy was that wrong. In 2004 I heard the news that Bush  was in position to continue screwing everything up.With the two wars well underway, what else could he do but trash the economy. Which he did. Now President Obama is on the way to cleaning up the disaster left behind by the last ideological Republican. Will he be able to continue or will everything go down the tubes AGAIN?

No comments: